Trinity Church was formed in the 1930s and has had an eventful history. A short version is below, or you can read "Trinity Church - Growing and Going" which contains a much more complete story of Trinitys history.
1933 - Methodist meetings started in Dovecot Hall.
September 1933 - Work started on a building on Liverpool Road.
June 1934 - Liverpool Road building opened as Liverpool Road Methodist Church.
1961 - New church building erected. This was next to the original which continued in use as a church hall. The name was changed to Trinity Methodist Church.
1971 - Vandalism is first mentioned in church meeting minutes.
1976 - Evening worship discontinued due to falling numbers.
1977 - Job Creation Scheme established at Trinity.
1981 - Arson attack on the Church severely damaged the interior. Due to the repeated vandalism Trinity became the highest claimant from the Methodist Insurance Company.
1983 - Job Creation Scheme ended due to union problems.
May 1984 - Trinity's 50th Anniversary. Celebrated with an open air service and celebratory buffet.
January 1985 - Anglican Bishop of Liverpool David Sheppard visits Trinity.
1988 - Rev. Symon Beesley of St. Bartholomews and Rev. Malcolm Creamer of Trinity begin regular meetings. The idea of a joint project at Trinity is mooted.
1991 - Trinity Local Ecumenical Project starts. Church Army Captain Roger Murphy is appointed as part time community evangelist, and a number of adults and children move from St. Bartholomews to Trinity. Work starts on a new building.
1993 - Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, Rev. Dr. George Carey visits Trinity.
September 1998 - Kidz Klub starts, reaching hundreds of infant and junior school children each week.
August 2000 - Trinity goes online at www.trinity-church.org.uk
March 2001 - TNT starts, aimed at 11-14 year olds at secondary school.
2008 - John Crawford is appointed Pastor at Trinity
2012 - Restored, a monthly contemporary evening service begins
|1934||Rev. George Parsons|
|1934-1936||Rev. George D. Moralee|
|1936-1937||Rev. Owen R. Johnson|
|1937-1938||Rev. Fred Jones|
|1938||Rev. A. Gorton Edge|
|1938-1945||Rev. Willie H. Carter|
|1945-1948||Rev. Dr. Bernard E. Jones|
|1948-1953||Rev. Norman A. Baker|
|1953-1959||Rev. Sidney Tong|
|1959-1962||Rev. Eric Powell|
|1962-1967||Rev. Norman Robertshaw|
|1967-1972||Rev. Alf Shannahan|
|1972-1978||Rev. Kenneth Anderson|
|1978-1986||Rev. Malcolm Carter|
|1986-1994||Rev. Malcolm Creamer|
|1992-1994||Capt. Roger Murphy C.A.|
|1994-1997||Capt. Kelvin Bolton C.A.|
|1997-2007||Capt. Philip Clark C.A.|
In addition, since Trinity became a joint Anglican/Methodist church, the ministers of St. Bartholomews Anglican Church and Court Hey Methodist Church have also overseen Trinity.
|1991-2006||Rev. Geoff Pearson (St. Bartholomews)|
|1994-2003||Rev. David Nellist (Court Hey Methodist)|
|2003-2008||Rev. Robin Fox (Court Hey Methodist)|
|2008-||Rev. Caroline Ainger (Court Hey Methodist)|
|2008-||Rev. Tim Gill (St. Bartholomews)|
Other Church Staff
|1999-2001||Jane Dunmore||Childrens Worker|
|2001-2004||Richard Read||Childrens Worker|
|2004-2008||Matthew Rowley||Childrens and Youth Worker|
|2005-2012||Capt. Dave Collier CA||Evangelist|
|2005-2010||Capt. Adrian Prescott CA||Evangelist|
|2010-||Martin Woodruff||Childrens and Youth Worker|